The YMCA Resident Program is a Single-Room Occupancy Section 8 subsidy program that offers safe, affordable housing and supportive services to qualified single men over the age of 18. Our program is administered by the Lawrence Housing
The YMCA Residency Program offers…
• A referral program that includes including: medical & mental health services, vocational training, ESL & GED classes
• TV Room/cable, Laundry
• Fully secured building with overnight security guard
• Use of YMCA Fitness Center facilities
• Handicap accessible entrance with elevator
Our services include…
• A safe, secure place to live
• Referral to mental and physical care
• Help in finding appropriate programs and services
• Help in finding new job or increase skills
• Planned activities for residents
• Weekly community dinners
Our mission at the YMCA SRO Program is to aid men who need a hand up – not a hand out.
Interested individuals can apply directly at LHA, 353 Elm Street, Lawrence (978) 683-2751. You can also stop by 40 Lawrence Street or call at 978-686-6191 and ask to be connected with the SRO program for more information.